NDLEA Recruitment is another paramilitary recruitment which is normally conducted at least once in a year. NDLEA which means National Drug Law Enforcement Agency is a very important paramilitary agency in Nigeria. They are the ones in charge of fighting illegal drug trafficking and abuse.
NDLEA officials are mostly deployed with other paramilitary agencies like the Nigerian Police and Civil defence. When we wrote about the NDLEA Salary and Ranks, we already mentioned the way this agency operates. So concerning this post, we will only be discussing how to join the NDLEA.
To join NDLEA, it’s either you join as a graduate or you join as a non graduate. Let me explain further. Those who possess HND or BSC and equivalent are considered as graduates while the SSCE certificate holders are considered as non graduate. To Apply for any of the ones mentioned above, there are some few things you need know.
Firstly, those that joined the NDLEA as graduates are superior over those that joined the agency as Non graduate. The graduates in NDLEA are paid higher than the non graduates. But the good thing there is that those that are not graduate can still further their education once they join the NDLEA. Before we discuss about the procedure to apply for the NDLEA recruitment, let’s first look at the NDLEA recruitment requirements.
- All Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria
- Strong team spirit and excellent analytical skills
- Applicants must be a graduate
- Candidates with bad criminal records excluding road traffic offenses will not be accepted to work with this agency
- Interested candidates must have good communication skills
- Must possess a minimum of Five Credits in no more than two sittings in West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE), National Examination Council (NECO), and General Certificate of Education (GCE). Credit in English is compulsory.
- Interested applicants must be of good behavior and composure.
- Graduates applying for the recruitment must possess HND, B.Sc, NCE, or an OND certificate in any related field, and from a recognized University.
- All the candidates must have a valid means of identification such as a driver’s license, National Identification Card, International passport or Voters card.
- All the applicants must be willing to work in a new environment because you may be posted to a different location different from your location.
- Interested applicants must be physically, medically and mentally fit.
How To Apply For The NDLEA Recruitment 2024/2025
To apply for this NDLEA recruitment exercise, follow the steps below.
- First you need to visit the NDLEA official portal at www.ndlea.gov.ng.
- The you need to scroll down to employment (Career) section page.
- Sign up and create an account if you don’t have an account yet.
- Click on the available vacancies and select the one suitable for your qualification.
- Read and follow all the listed instructions carefully as any slight mistake can lead to automatic disqualification.
- Provide all the necessary information and make sure they are correct.
- Next, you need to Verify all your information.
- Lastly, Submit your application.
Once you are among the successful applicants, your name will appear on the NDLEA shortlist and you will be contacted through the e-mail address you provided during registration and your phone number inform you about the next phase of the recruitment process which is the physical test and credentials verification.
This is the process you need to go through if you want to be among the members of NDLEA. It’s actually a good time to join the agency as their men are one of the highest paid paramilitary organization in Nigeria. You can read about the NDLEA Ranks, Salary and allowances to see how much they are paid monthly.