The Nigerian Army DSSC recruitment is a type of recruitment which is organized by the Nigerian Army for gradutes who wish to join the Nigerian Army. The recruitment is always conducted once in a year for the interested candidates to apply. The Nigerian Army DSSC recruitment is strictly for gradutes. For those who only have SSCE certificate, NCE certificate or National Diploma,You are advised to apply for the Nigerian Army regular recruits intake as it is the type of recruitment that is meant for the non gradutes.
The Nigerian Army is the strong hold of the Nigerian military. Without the Nigerian Army, the Nigerian Military won’t be among the strongest military in Africa. The Nigerian Army has participated in different peacekeeping missions and has been making Africa proud. The Nigerian Army is one of Army in Africa which has one of the largest number of men in service. In this post, we will be discussing about the Nigerian Army DSSC recruitment, requirements and how to apply. Before we talk about how to apply for this recruitment, we will first list the requirements you need before you can be able to apply for the recruitment.
Previously, we wrote an article on how to join the Nigerian Army as a graduate and we made mention of the Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC. Please note that this post is taking the Nigerian Army DSSC which means Direct Short Service Commission and not about SSC. For those who don’t know what is the difference between DSSC and SSC, we previously wrote about the difference between DSSC and SSC in the Nigerian Army.
Now let’s see the Nigerian Army DSSC requirements.
Nigerian Army DSSC Requirements 2024/2025
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizen as it is defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended.
- Applicants either male or female must be between the ages of 22 and 35 years old.
- All Applicants must be mentally, medically, and physically fit. This must be confirmed by the Nigerian Army according to Nigerian Army Standards.
- All the Applicants must be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 referees who is either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- All applicants must not have been convicted by a court of law. If you are Military personnel, you must not have any disciplinary case and must be confirmed so by the Commanding Officer/Commander
- All the Applied Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Your height must Measure at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females)..
- Applicants must possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences, or humanities from an accredited university or polytechnic. Courses of study must also be accredited at the time of the study.
- All the Applicants must possess a valid birth certificate which must be signed by the National Population Commission, Hospital, or Local Government Council, or a valid age declaration from the court of law.
- Applicants must have a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants (other than serving members of the Armed Forces) must have their NYSC certificate or a valid certificate of exemption.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and phone numbers of parents/guardians and Next of Kin.
- All applicants must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos on their bodies.
- Candidates must provide all the original copies of educational certificates from primary to secondary school.
- All the Service personnel must present a valid military ID card and letter of recommendation from their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of official sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a minimum period of 5 years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. All service personnel applicants are under obligation to declare their service status on the application as required by Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Failing to do so constitutes an offense in addition to disqualification at any stage.
- Candidates who wish to join the Nigerian Army as a Graduate must not be a member of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
Once you are sure you have met all the above mentioned requirements, now it’s time to lead you on how to apply for the recruitment.
How To Apply For The Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2024/2025
To Apply For The Nigerian Army DSSC recruitment 2024/2025 session, you need to first visit the Nigerian Army DSSC recruitment portal recruitment.army.mil.ng and register. Once you have registered, you need to wait for the Nigerian Army to Shortlist the successful candidates before you can be able to go to the next phase of the recruitment which is the physical screening.
Nigerian Army DSSC Portal
For those who wish to register for the Nigerian Army DSSC recruitment, The Nigerian Army DSSC Portal is www.recruitment.army.mil.ng.