The Nigerian Police recruitment is one of the interesting recruitment in Nigeria because, they are one of the force in Nigeria that recruit many people into the force. The Nigerian Police recruitment is in different categories and we are going to discuss about them in this post.
Most times, when they talk about recruitment, many people think it’s just for those with O’level certificate, but it’s just an imagination because, recruitment covers all process of taking in strong and suitable men into the police force. Before we talk about the process of the Nigerian Police recruitment, let’s first understand the task of the Nigerian Police.
The Nigerian Police force is tasked with the preservation of the country’s law and order. They are also tasked with the protection of life and property. So before you think of joining the Nigerian Police force, just know that this is the task ahead of you. Sometimes you will also see yourself working in conjunction with other paramilitary agencies and even the military. Now let’s start with the requirements you need to fulfill before you can be able to join the police force.
We previously wrote about how to join the Nigerian Police as a graduate. In that post, we mentioned the requirements which is needed before you can be able to join the police force as a graduate. In this post, we will be looking at the general requirements for joining the Nigeria police force.
Nigerian Police Requirements
- All the Applicants are to be of Nigerian origin by birth.
- All the Applicants must Possess a minimum of four credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/SSCE or its equivalent with credit in English and Mathematics. (Note that results older than 5 years may not be considered.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-25 years. For graduates, you must be between the ages of 20 and 28 years.
- Applicants must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit.
- Applicants must not be less than 1.67m tall for male and 1.64m tall for female.
- Female applicants must not be pregnant at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a valid email address and phone number.
- Graduates are to possess HND or BSC and must have completed your NYSC program as you will be required to present your NYSC certificate or letter of exemption.
- All the Applicants must possess National Identification Number (NIN).
Please note that those that pass the online registration are the ones to be invited for the physical screening. Now let’s see how to apply for the Nigerian Police recruitment.
How To Apply For The Nigerian Police Recruitment 2024/2025
- Visit www.apply.policerecruitment.gov.ng with your NIN, email, and phone number.
- Fill all the required information in the the application form.
- Upload your results where required. results. Your birth certificate and certificate of Origin will also required during the registration.
- Print the completed online form, guarantor form because they will be needed at the physical or credential screening exercise.
There are many good things that comes with joining the Nigerian Police force. Fore example, they are entitled to pension and other benefits. They Nigerian Police has also increased their salary. You can read about the new police salary and allowances to see how much they are paid monthly.
Please note that those that joined the Nigerian Police force as a graduate are paid higher than those that joined the police using SSCE certificate.