I know that many Graduates who have love for the Nigerian Army may want to join the Nigerian Army as a graduate. But the main question is how do you join the Nigerian Army as a graduate and what are the requirements needed before you can be able to join the army as a graduate. Read on as we explain everything you need to know about joining the Army as a graduate.
Firstly you need to ask yourself why do I need to gain if I join the Nigerian Army as a graduate?, What is the basic salary that is meant for those who are joining the Army as a graduate and what position are they going to place you as a graduate who joined the Nigerian Army. Now read on as we explain all in details.
The Nigerian Army has a program which was meant to absorb Graduates into the Nigerian Army. The program is called DSSC or SSC which means Direct Short Service Commission and Short service Commission.
The two program is meant for gradutes from any recognized University or any higher institution in the country. Please note that there is a difference between DSSC and SSC. You can read our previous article on difference between DSSC and SSC in the Nigerian Army.
Now let’s look at the requirements needed before you can be able to join the Nigerian Army as a graduate.
Requirements Needed To Join The Nigerian Army as A Graduate
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizen as it is defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended.
- Applicants either male or female must be between the ages of 22 and 35 years old. This Age limit depends on the one you are applying for. DSSC or SSC.
- All Applicants must be mentally, medically, and physically fit. This must be confirmed by the Nigerian Army according to Nigerian Army Standards.
- All the Applicants must be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 referees who is either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- All applicants must not have been convicted by a court of law. If you are Military personnel, you must not have any disciplinary case and must be confirmed so by the Commanding Officer/Commander
- All the Applied Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Your height must Measure at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females)..
- Applicants must possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences, or humanities from an accredited university or polytechnic. Courses of study must also be accredited at the time of the study.
- All the Applicants must possess a valid birth certificate which must be signed by the National Population Commission, Hospital, or Local Government Council, or a valid age declaration from the court of law.
- Applicants must have a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants (other than serving members of the Armed Forces) must have their NYSC certificate or a valid certificate of exemption.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and phone numbers of parents/guardians and Next of Kin.
- All applicants must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos on their bodies.
- Candidates must provide all the original copies of educational certificates from primary to secondary school.
- All the Service personnel must present a valid military ID card and letter of recommendation from their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of official sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a minimum period of 5 years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. All service personnel applicants are under obligation to declare their service status on the application as required by Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Failing to do so constitutes an offense in addition to disqualification at any stage.
- Candidates who wish to join the Nigerian Army as a Graduate must not be a member of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
How To Apply For The Nigerian Army As A Graduate
To Apply for the Nigerian Army as a graduate, you need to visit the Nigerian Army official website https://recruitment.army.mil.ng/ and register.
Remember to always follow the instructions so that you won’t be disqualified.
How Much is Graduates Salary In. The Nigerian Army?
If you are a graduate and you joined the Nigerian Army, you will be placed at the rank of Second Lieutenant for the SSC and Lieutenant for DSSC. So to see the full ranks in the Nigerian Army, you can refer to our previous post on the Nigerian Army Salary and Ranks.